Skip to main navigation
Skip to content
Skip to footer
Decadent smothered fries made even richer with Kitchen Bouquet® Beer Gravy and melted sharp cheddar cheese.
For the fries:
- 1 pound skin-on fries
- 8 ounces shredded sharp cheddar cheese
- Kitchen Bouquet® Browning & Seasoning Sauce Beer Gravy (recipe below) (recipe below)
- ¼ cup green onions, chopped
For beer gravy:
- 4 tablespoons butter
- ¼ tablespoon all-purpose flour
- 2 tablespoons minced shallots
- 1 teaspoon minced garlic
- ½ teaspoon rough chopped fresh thyme
- 2 tablespoons Worcestershire sauce
- 2 cups beef broth
- ⅓ cup beer of choice (Marzen or Oktoberfest style or dark beer preferred)
- 2 teaspoons Kitchen Bouquet® Seasoning Sauce, or more if
- kosher salt and freshly ground black pepper
- Melt butter in a 1-quart saucepan set over medium heat. Add flour to pan and stir to incorporate and form a roux. Continue to stir until roux becomes dark brown, 5 to 6 minutes.
- Add shallots, garlic, and thyme and continue to cook, stirring often, until shallots and garlic are fragrant, about 1 minute.
- Pour Worcestershire sauce into pan and cook until nearly evaporated, about 1 minute.
- Add beef broth and beer and season with salt and pepper. Bring to a boil until it begins to thicken, then reduce to a simmer.
- Add Kitchen Bouquet® and continue to cook until sauce has reduced, about 10 minutes. Remove from heat. Serve immediately or set aside and reheat when ready to use.
- Fry the french fries; top with gravy, cheese and green onions.