Skip to main navigation
Skip to content
Skip to footer
Fusion flavors unite in this tasty Soy Vay® Glazed Meatball Banh Mi Sandwich served with picked Asian vegetables.
- 2 8-inch baguettes, slice open from the top and pull out some of the soft center
- 1 cup ground pork
- 1 cup ground beef
- ¼ teaspoon each salt and pepper
- 1½ teaspoons fresh grated ginger
- ½ cup Soy Vay® Veri Veri Teriyaki® Marinade
- 2 teaspoons rice wine vinegar
- 1 carrot, julienned
- ¼ cashews, chopped
- 1 Lebanese cucumber, sliced into thin wedges
- red chili peppers, sliced thin
- ⅓ Japanese Mayonnaise (recipe below)
Ingredients for the Japanese Mayonnaise:
- 2 tablespoons Kewpie Japanese mayonnaise, or regular mayonnaise
- 1 tablespoon lemon or lime juice
- 1 tablespoon chili-garlic sauce (samba oelek)
- ½ teaspoon rice vinegar
- In a medium bowl, mix the pork and beef with salt, pepper, ginger and ¼ cup teriyaki marinade.
- Roll meat mixture into golf ball-size balls.
- Heat 2 teaspoons sesame oil in a large non-stick frying pan over high heat. Cook the meatballs for 5 to 6 minutes, turning often.
- Add remaining teriyaki marinade to the skillet and continue to cook and glaze the meatballs, basting as they cook through.
- While the meatballs are cooking, mix the remaining sesame oil, carrots and the vinegar in a small bowl and toss to combine.
- Make the Japanese Mayonnaise and spread on the inside of each baguette. Place four meatballs on each sandwich and glaze with additional Soy Vay® Veri Veri Teriyaki® Marinade if desired.
- Top with shredded carrots, cashews, cucumber slices, red pepper slices and cilantro.