Shrimp & Bacon Salad with Hidden Valley® RanchPan seared shrimp, bacon, avocado, fire roasted corn and jalapenos over spring salad mix topped with tortilla strips and blackened jalapenos with Hidden Valley® Original Ranch®....made with a chipotle kick!
- 2 jalapeños
- 4 strips of bacon
- ½ pound large shrimp, peeled, with or without tails
- Kosher salt and freshly ground black pepper
- 8 ounces Simplot RoastWorks® Flame-Roasted Corn & Jalapeño Blend, warmed
- 4–5 cups spring greens
- 1 avocado, peeled, pitted and sliced
- ⅓ cup grated Fontina cheese (optional)
- premade tortilla strips, or make your own by cutting corn tortillas into strips and frying until golden
- 8 ounces Hidden Valley® Original Ranch® Dressing, Dip & Sauce Mix, prepared as dressing
- 2 teaspoons ground chipotle powder
- Heat a skillet over high heat. Add the jalapeños and roast until blackened on all sides. Remove and cool. Once cool, slice into thin rounds.
- Add bacon and cook until crispy, then remove from skillet. Leave a bit of the oil in the skillet and add the shrimp. Season with salt and pepper. Sear until pink. Set aside.
- Chop cooled bacon and assemble the salads by placing spring greens in a bowl or on a plate. Add shrimp, bacon, Simplot RoastWorks® Flame-Roasted Corn & Jalapeño Blend and avocado.
- Top with the blackened jalapeño slices, cheese and tortilla strips.
- Whisk together Hidden Valley® Original Ranch® Dressing and the chipotle powder. Serve on the side.