Ranch Spice Crusted Burger with Avocado Ranch Sauce
by Bobby Flay for Hidden Valley
Give burgers a Bobby Flay makeover with this delicious recipe featuring Hidden Valley® Original Ranch® seasoning for a flavorful crust, then layer on Bobby’s decadent avocado ranch dressing.
Avocado Ranch Sauce
- ¼ cup mayonnaise
- ¼ cup sour cream
- 1 tablespoon well-shaken buttermilk
- ½ teaspoon Hidden Valley® Original Ranch Seasoning & Salad Dressing Mix Shaker
- kosher salt and freshly ground black pepper
- 2 avocados, peeled, pitted and diced
- 3 green onions, thinly sliced
Ranch Spice Crusted Burger
- 1½ teaspoons Hidden Valley® Original Ranch Seasoning & Salad Dressing Mix Shaker
- 1 teaspoon paprika (Spanish or sweet)
- kosher salt and freshly ground pepper
- 1½ pounds ground chuck (80% lean)
- 2 tablespoons canola oil
- 8 slices American cheese
- 4 brioche buns, split in half
- Avocado Ranch Sauce (recipe above)
To make the Avocado Ranch Sauce, whisk together the mayonnaise, sour cream, buttermilk, ranch seasoning, salt and pepper in a bowl until smooth. Fold in the green onions and diced avocados.
To make the Ranch Spice Crusted Burger, whisk together the ranch seasoning, paprika, salt and pepper in a small bowl.
Heat a large cast iron pan or griddle over high heat. Divide the meat into four 6-ounce portions. Form each portion into a ¾-inch patty and make a deep depression in the center with your thumb. Season with some of the spice rub on one side.
Add two tablespoons of canola oil to the cast iron pan and let heat until it begins to shimmer. Place on the burgers in the pan spice side down and cook until golden brown and lightly charred, 4 minutes. Turn the burgers over and continue to cook for 4 minutes longer or until desired doneness.
Top each burger with two slices of cheese. Carefully, add 1/4 cup of water to the pan and immediately cover tightly with a lid. If using a griddle, do one at a time and use a sandwich dome or stainless bowl. Count to 10 or until the cheese is melted. Lift lid to make sure the cheese is totally melted (if not, return and count 5 seconds longer).
Place the burgers on the bottom buns and top with some of the Avocado Ranch Sauce. Put the bun tops on and serve immediately.